Our attorneys represent debtors, creditors’ committees, financial institutions, secured creditors, asset acquirers, claims traders, and companies doing business with distressed companies, both in and out of court, in a variety of industries.
Our lawyers advise clients with respect to business restructuring, preservation of creditors’ rights including the maximization of realization on extended credit, preferences and prevention of fraudulent conveyances under both state and federal law.
We represent creditors in all forms of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights proceedings, including Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations, and Chapter 13 filings.
- Filing proofs of claim to protect a creditor’s interest
- Adversary proceedings to enforce a creditor’s rights
- Negotiating and drafting carve outs and interim financing agreements
- Objecting to a debtor’s discharge
- Representing defendant’s in preference or other avoidance actions